Thursday, 23 June 2016

366 Books In 366 Days: It started with a tweet...

I am, and always have been, a great lover of books. As the daughter of a primary school teacher (now retired), I remember being surrounded by books from a very young age.

I rediscovered my love of picture books during my first, and somewhat stressful, pregnancy with Izzie. I found reading to "bump" calming and relaxing and a great way to bond. By the time Izzie was born, she had a well established little library.

As our family has grown, so too has our book collection. We continue to share books daily and enjoy our regular library trips together. However, at the end of last year we seemed to be in a bit of a book rut. Despite loving the "classics", I found that I couldn't take much more of "Dear Zoo", "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and "The Gruffalo"!

Inspired by Child's Play Books on twitter, I started our 366 books in 366 days reading resolution. Throughout 2016 we have picked a different book to read each day. We have, of course, continued to re-read our favourite stories but our challenge has been, and continues to be, a brilliant way to discover new authors and illustrators.


You can follow our journey so far on Instagram . We have also reviewed books for Toppsta and have been Family Reviewers for The Guardian Children's Books.





2 comments:

  1. Aw what a fab idea! One of my favourite books is room on the broom :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Oh can't beat a bit of Julia Donaldson :)

      Delete