Search This Blog

10 New Picture Books (2016)

I have enjoyed reading so many #pb10for10 posts this year that I thought I'd join in the fun. I am late to the party (as always) but here is my own selection of books:


My love of picture books has truly been re-ignited this year through our family's #366booksin366days reading challenge and all my chosen books were recently published. We have already included these books in our challenge and they have quickly become some of our favourites.

My children (The Mini Reviewers) are all under 5 so these are the perfect stories to share with toddlers and preschoolers. Of course, they are great for older picture book fans too! I have added the links to our reviews (where applicable) below. The lovely Kim, who blogs at Bookbairn has written two superb reviews for Oi Dog! and Bee and (with her permission) I have also included links to her posts for these books.
  1. Douglas You Need Glasses - Jed Adamson
  2. Little Red - Bethan Woollvin
  3. Tiger in a Tutu - Fabi Santiago
  4. Superhero Dad - Tim Knapman and Joe Berger
  5. 123 A Walk in the Countryside - Rosalind Beardshaw
  6. Oi Dog! Kes and Claire Gray and Jim Field
  7. A Brave Bear - Sean Taylor and Emily Hughes
  8. Pip and Posy: The New Friend - Axel Scheffler
  9. Bee - Britta Teckentrup
  10. Tidy - Emily Gravett
For other picture book inspiration check out #pb10for10 on twitter. Or why not have a little look at our other book posts?

Until next time... HAPPY READING!
Kate & the Mini Reviewers xx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking to our posts - that's so kind of you! This is a fab selection of books and quite a few I would love to buy. Must save my book pennies again!

    ReplyDelete